Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. It usually involves using email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, and is meant to build loyalty, trust, or brand awareness.
• Email marketing is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
• Email marketing is significantly cheaper and faster than traditional mail, mainly because of the high cost and time required in a traditional mail campaign for producing the artwork, printing, addressing, and mailing.
• The data gathered by testing in the email channel can then be used across all channels of marketing campaigns, both print and digital.
• Advertisers can reach substantial numbers of email subscribers who have opted in (i.e., consented) to receive the email.
• Almost half of American Internet users check or send email on a typical day, with emails delivered between 1 am and 5 am local time outperforming those sent at other times in open and click rates.
• If compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate and higher average order value for e-commerce businesses.